Dr. Stewart Cobb (Satelles) co-Chaired, with Gavin Schrock (xyHt), a panel discussion entitled “Navigation 2026” at the ION GNSS+ Conference, held in Portland, Oregon from September 12-16, 2016.
The panel discussion included what the PNT environment might look like in 10 years given the current dependencies on vulnerable satellite systems for global navigation, high precision positioning, measurement, location based services, and communications and computing. Discussions also included how PNT industries and policy makers might address hazards given the current state of PNT technologies and more.
Guest panelist included:
- Mr. Jason Y. Kim: Senior Advisor, National Coordination Office for Space Based Positioning, Navigation, and Timing
- Dr. Bruno Bougard: Research and Development Director, Septentrio Satellite Navigation, Belgium
- Dr. Matthew Cashen: Vice President of Sensors, AOSense Inc.
- Ms. Ranwa Haddad: Principal Director at The Aerospace Corporation
- Dr. Randy Villahermosa: Principal Director of the Research and Program Development at The Aerospace Corporation
- Ms. Caitlin Durkovich: Assistant Secretary for Infrastructure Protection (IP), Department of Homeland Security
- Greg Turetzky: Strategic Business Development, Intel Corporation
Dr. Cobb’s panel discussion was held on Friday, September 16, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. – 10:05 a.m. Link to ION GNSS+ Technical Program